When you are attempting to buy a real estate property of your own, you have to know the basics especially when it is your first time and you have your hard earned money to pay for it. You may be one of those who really saved for this and not just one of those filthy rich guys who can live without having to count how much money there is left in your pocket.
Set your priorities right. The common things done outside of the home are the following:
1. go to work (every day).
2. go to school (every day).
3. go to market or shopping center (once a week).
4. go to church (once a week).
5. go out with family or friends (once in two weeks or once a week).
6. go to dentist (once every quarter).
7. go to hospital (once a year).
Based on this trend, it is but logical and practical that you choose a place where your work area is conveniently near where you live because you are going to go there every working day. The same is true with the school if you have kids still studying especially in the primary years.
When you have decided where that place is, then you set your criteria on the physical aspect (size, make, price) of the house. You can most probably find one of those Charleston real estate properties.